Starting up a hedge fund can be an overwhelming task. AlphaDesk can provide a solution that really helps, and our experienced implementation team can take care of many of the details. Our low prices for startups mean any fund can have world-class infrastructure from day one.
- Experience. We’ve worked with many startups from around the world, so we understand the challenges of starting up a new fund. We will work closely with you to find the best implementation and connectivity options and show you how our system can benefit your new firm.
- One solution. Our software combines portfolio and order management, operational support, and a reliable IT infrastructure within a single easy-to-use operating platform to simply address all your needs. Worry less and focus on what you do best.
- Equality. Startups receive an equivalent level of attention as our larger clients. This includes access to the same software releases and updates as well as the same support staff and training to help you master the power of AlphaDesk.
- Transparent pricing. Our ultra-competitive prices will always reflect the size of your activity. Your startup solution costs are clear up-front; there are no hidden costs.
- Implementation. As a startup, enjoy fast implementation and configuration by our expert team and a rapid go-live date. We have worked with your prime brokers and administrator before and know what needs to be done to get you running smoothly.
- Leverage your technology investment. Our system integrates with the trading and market data systems you will be using (e.g. Bloomberg, Reuters, ITG, Neovest, RediPlus etc.). There is no need to pay for additional real-time data or trading software.
- Fully managed infrastructure. Receive a world-class cloud-based infrastructure without worrying about the daily challenges of application and infrastructure management. We manage the server, maintain the software, and monitor all the systems.
- Robust and secure infrastructure. AlphaDesk offers the highest level of security and data protection; all data is backed up either at the end of the day or through continuous replication so that in the event of a business disruption, services can be restored quickly and effectively.